Compared with other welding technologies, the main advantages of laser welding are:
1. Fast speed, large depth, and small deformation.
2. It can be welded at room temperature or under special conditions, and the welding equipment is simple. For example, when the laser passes through an electromagnetic field, the beam will not shift; the laser can be welded in a vacuum, air, and certain gas environments, and can be welded through glass or materials that are transparent to the beam.
3. It can weld refractory materials such as titanium, quartz, etc., and can weld heterogeneous materials with good results.
4. After the laser is focused, the power density is high. When welding high-power devices, the aspect ratio can reach 5:1, and the highest can reach 10:1.
5. Micro welding is possible. The laser beam can obtain a small spot after being focused and can be accurately positioned, which can be used in the assembly welding of micro and small workpieces that are mass-produced automatically. (The smallest spot can reach 0.1mm)
6 It can weld hard-to-access parts and perform non-contact long-distance welding, which has great flexibility. Especially in recent years, the use of fiber transmission technology in YAG laser processing technology, and the popularization of fiber continuous lasers have made laser welding technology more widely promoted and applied, and more convenient for automated integration.
7. The laser beam is easy to realize the beam splitting in time and space, and it can process multiple beams at the same time and multi-station processing, which provides conditions for more precise welding.