There are many factors that affect the cutting quality of laser cutting machines, but what are the most affected or most representative of the quality of laser cutting machines? The following list of nine indicators, through these indicators, can help you better determine the quality of a machine.
1. Roughness. The laser cutting section will form vertical lines. The depth of the lines determines the roughness of the cutting surface. The shallower the lines, the smoother the cutting section. In most cases, roughness needs to be minimized, so the shallower the lines, the higher the cutting quality.
2. Verticality. If the thickness of the sheet metal exceeds 10 mm, the perpendicularity of the cutting edge is very important. When away from the focal point, the laser beam becomes divergent. According to the position of the focal point, the cutting becomes wider toward the top or bottom, and the more perpendicular the edge, the higher the cutting quality.
3. Cutting width. The width of the cut generally does not affect the cutting quality. The cut width has an important effect only when a particularly precise outline is formed inside the part. This is because the cut width determines the minimum inner diameter of the outline. When the thickness of the plate increases, the cut width also increases. The increase.
4. Lines. When cutting slabs at high speeds, the molten metal does not appear in the cuts below the vertical laser beam, but instead it exits behind the laser beam. As a result, the curved lines are formed at the cutting edge, and the lines closely follow the moving laser beam. In order to correct this problem, the feeding rate is reduced at the end of the cutting process, and the lines can be greatly eliminated.
5. glitch. The formation of burrs is a very important factor in determining the quality of laser cutting, because the removal of burrs requires extra work, so the severity of burrs and how much can be intuitively judged the quality of the cut.
6. Material deposition. During the cutting process, the surface of the cut may form a surface deposit, and the deposited material can also see the quality of the laser cutting machine.
7. Depression and corrosion. Depression and corrosion have a detrimental effect on the surface of the cutting edge, not only affect the appearance of the sheet metal part, but also cause cutting errors, resulting in unusable sheet metal parts.
8. Heat affected area. In laser cutting, heating is performed along the area near the incision, and the structure of the metal is changed. For example, part of the metal may be hardened, and the heat affected area refers to the depth of the area where the internal structure changes.
9. Deformation. If the cutting causes the component to heat rapidly, it will deform, so the smaller the deformation, the better the cutting quality.