The cutting quality is the best way to conclude the performance of the cutting machine, flowing is the main standards
1. Roughness: Laser cutting section will form a vertical pattern; the depth of the groove determines the roughness of the cutting surface, the more shallow lines, and the more smooth cutting section. Roughness not only affects the appearance of the edge, but also affects the friction characteristics, in most cases, the need to minimize roughness, so the more shallow lines have, the higher the quality of cutting.
2. Verticality. If the thickness of the metal sheet is more than 10mm, the vertical margin of the cutting edge is very important. Far away from the focus, the laser beam becomes divergent, depending on the position of the focus; the cutting is widened toward the top or bottom. The cutting-edge deviates from the vertical line by a few millimeters, the more vertical the edge is, and the higher cutting quality.
3. Cutting width. The cutting width does not affect the quality of the cutting generally, only when a particularly precise profile is formed inside the part, because the width of the cut determines the minimum internal meridian of the contour. The thickness increased the cutting width increase. So if you want to ensure the same high precision, no matter how much the width of the incision, the workpiece in the laser cutting machine processing area should be constant.
4. Lines. When the slab is cut at high speed, the molten metal does not appear in the incision beneath the vertical laser beam but is ejected after the laser beam. As a result, the curved lines are formed at the cutting edges, and the lines follow the moving laser beam. To correct this problem, the feed rate is reduced at the end of the cutting process, and the behavior of the lines can be largely eliminated.
5. Burrs. The formation of the burrs is a very important factor that determines the quality of the laser cutting since the removal of the burrs requires additional effort, the number of burrs and their degree visually determine the quality of the cutting.
6. Material deposition. The laser cutting machine touches a layer of oil-containing special liquid on the surface of the workpiece before it begins to melt and pierce. During the cutting process, due to gasification and various materials that use, although with the wind blowing to the incision, the discharge materials upward or downward will also form deposition on the surface.
7. Dents and corrosion. Dents and corrosion have an adverse effect on the surface of the cutting edge, especial the appearance. They appear in the general errors which should be avoided in the cutting.
8. Heating affected area. In the laser cutting, the area that near along the incision is heated, at the same time, the structure of the metal changed. For example, some metal will be hardened. The heating affected area refers to the depth of the area where the internal structure changed.
9. Deformation. If the cutting makes the part heated abruptly, it will be deformed. It is especially important in fine machining because the contours and connectors here are usually with the width only a few tenths of a millimeter. Controlling laser power and using short laser pulses can reduce heating of component and avoid deformation.